Thursday, December 16, 2004

Psalm of Fools

A Psalm for the Bush Evangelical Electorate (Modified by Silmar Sanchez): 


A fool is my shepherd.
I shall not think.


 He maketh me to bog down in a quagmire.


 He leadeth me beside polluted waters.


He destroyeth my ozone.
>

 He leadeth me down paths to the extreme right,


 For his lobbyist's sake.


 Yea, though I walk through relatively safe streets,


 I fear evil (the threat level is orange),


 For thou hast scared me.


 My assault rifle comforts me.


 Thou anointest my car with oil.


 My deficit runneth over.


 Thou preparest my table with fast food in the presence of my

 Television.


 Surely paranoia and resentment will follow me


 All the days of my life,


 And I will dwell in this Empire of Fools 'til I die,


 Uninsured.




No comments: