Thanks to Michelle Spivey.
something to think about :
Facts are powerful!!
Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin. What if things were switched around?
Would the country's collective point of view be different if race and gender did not enter in?
Consider the following:
• What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?
• What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?
• What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair while he was still married?
• What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to painkillers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?
• What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?
• What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage, including a three-month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?
• What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?
• What if Obama was the one whose military experience included numerous disciplinary problems and a record of crashing seven planes?
• What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many occasions, a serious anger management problem?
• What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)
• What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
• What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?
• What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?
• What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer distribution?
• What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?
And what about the educations of the candidates?
Barack Obama holds a B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations from Columbia University and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School. While, John McCain graduated from United States Naval Academy and ranked 894th in a class of 899.
Joe Biden holds a B.A. in History and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Delaware, as well as a J.D. from the Syracuse University College of Law. While, Sarah Palin holds a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Idaho, where she completed a total of 5 semesters, after having spent one semester at both the Hawaii Pacific University and Matanuska-Susitna College, as well as two semesters at North Idaho College.
• What if McCain was the Columbia/Harvard Law grad and Obama the low ranked Academy grad?
• And Palin had a BA and JD, while Biden had gone to four schools to get a journalism degree?
Would the polls be as close as they are, if the reality reflected the reverse circumstances pondered in the questions? Is there much doubt who would hold a commanding lead? I doubt it!
This is what racism does. It colors perceptions, covers up, rationalizes and minimizes positive qualities in the majority candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in the minority candidate when there is a color difference. And it's wrong!
Education isn't everything, but this is about the two highest offices in the land as well as our standing in the world. And re the ten other canidates-- would voting for one of them even count?
So, another question : How does Sarah Palin's $ 150,000 + wardrobe for television make you think that she is really prepared to help the nation's leaders reduce our financial budget? And does this not contradict her carefully manicured but unreliable image as a "common woman," a "hockey mom"? (Maybe a "hockey mom" covered with diamonds!:) And her political party is paying for it all. Does that mean that voters can look into their own future and expect Republicans to pay for it too?
From mud slinging to shopping sprees, what seems to be grey is actually very black and white. This clarity of the history of the candidates is a carefully guarded Republican secret.