Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Self-styled "Psychics"


I'm a "healthy skeptic," when it comes to "psychism." That does not mean that I do not believe in psychic gifts, talents, or abilities. I do believe that they exist. But I also believe that the "real thing" is quite rare.

Most "psychics" take "shots in the dark," and use very general statements ("You are usually a very happy person, but sometimes, not so happy") to squeak by without doing anything really psychic.

I've had a few readings. During them, I am amazingly tight-lipped and silent, and can feel the scorpio-energy from the birth-chart not wanting to reveal any secrets.

Recently, astonishingly, at a fleamarket, of all places, I did have a genuine reading from a lady who did Tarot and got in touch with info to which she had no natural access. It was fascinating! It was a bit easier to believe that she was real for two reasons: she took her time, and she charged only fifteen bucks. Most self-styled "psychics" overcharge, and do not have even the minimal good taste to cloak their greed.

I also, just for kicks, got one of those "auraphotos." The first thing that the lady said was, speaking to my sister, "He almost never spends any time in his body, does he?" :)

No comments: