Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Life, Challenges, and Death

I'm going to take a chance, and send this note to you anyway, just in case it can help you in your moment of most unyielding, blackest darkness: As an empath, I was crushed and shattered by the awful, hideous intensity and gravity of the nightmarish, ghastly agony that you are now going through. This little note is straight from the heart. No philosophy. Just real concern.

What I want is to minimize your suffering. For when you and I met, a miraculous thing happened-- Love. On the conscious level of mind, you and I are strangers. But at much deeper levels, we are much more than that. We are brothers, or what might be much closer an ddeeper-- we are friends.

We are united by our chosen friendship-- not artificially by religion or politics. Spiritual (or, inner) freedom is absolutely sacred. In the most important questions of life, one adult should never control, or even influence, another. In fact, in the midst of those crucial questions, a wise person should not allow herself to be influenced even by groups, organizations, or societies.

Each person is absolutely free to make any choice that she considers best. That would be, of course,the path that minimizes interior pain. For if you cannot maximize joy, the very least that you can do out of Love for yourself is attempt to minimize inevitable pain.

At a deep unconscious level of the Mind called the "Soul," we decide the moment of our birth. All of the major events of our lives are "contracted," pre-arranged, or predesigned by that same deep level of Mind.

I have never been, or pretended to be, your "guru," your teacher, or anything like that. Nor do I ever want to be seen in any such capacity. I am not a priest, I am not an elder, I am not any kind of formal minister. I believe in no organization or organized, orthodox church.

The very best and most productive life is led by each of us when we make our own personal spiritual decisions without allowing anyone else to influence us in any way.

I try to "move beyond this world," every day, in meditation. But what I had in mind was more of a steady and lasting state. As you know, especially if you have seen my novel, I believe that this life is only a tiny part of a greater life. The "good news" is that, if I am wrong, there is nothing to lose anyway.

But if right, things change: These ideas agree with those of the greatest luminaries in the history of spirituality. There is very much to be gained in loving yourself so much. You want to spare your bodymind all the pain that you possibly can.

What I'm trying not to say, so clumsily, is that the human mind has real limits in terms of what it can bear. I do not believe that we are wise to push ourselves beyond those limits. Of course, this requires a lot of transcendence of normal limits. For it goes against the most immense biopressures that say, "material life is all there is."

But I just do not buy that. The process of nde's demonstrates with clarity that the mind continues indefinitely, perhaps even eternally.

With a sad smile, I reflect on how much simpler my life would be at this moment if I simply forgot the whole thing. I could just say, "It's not my problem." But it's not that simple; every human problem is my problem.

Let me apologize in advance for the lack of clarity that is involved in a communication such as this. But I think that you know that this must be so.

People can be helped from a distance, by focusing the mind on Love, and then, on the person. A lot of this depends on the sender, and much also depends on the receiver. But please know that, through Love, I send to you the best of mindforces, the best of energies of strength so that you might choose to remain within, and endure, your test as long as your free will directs you to do so. I've been thinking about you all day, and will no doubt do so all night as well. You cannot just drop someone else's pain and pretend that it does not exist.

It's already getting late, and there is not a lot more to say. In fact, it's wondered whether there is anything left at all to say. Just know that sincere Lovenergy is being sent your way.

No comments: